Spain Heritage National Network
Castles and Palaces of Spain
Spain is one of the most interesting history and heritage. Discover a big variety of castles, palaces and routes in Spain.
Each time you use this technology platform, you contribute to the promotion and value of the national historical heritage.
Next Singular Events
Discover next activities will be celebrated arround castles and palaces. Turn your trip in an unique experience!
In summer, the castle will host this metaphorical and symbolic proposal, which reflects on social inequalities.
The exhibition focuses on the Book of Hours of Doña Leonor de la Vega, a codex with illuminated miniatures made on parchment by the Flemish artist Willem Vrelant in the 15th century, kept in the National Library of Spain.
The project is proposed as a research, and proposes two formulas: "on the one hand, a publication in book mode that sees the light thanks to the collaboration of the National Library. The volume will collect reflections on time and inequality in the contemporary world It is conceived as a graphic publication that will add the views of other authors from different disciplines.
To this investigation are added the plastic interventions of Concha García from Santander plus Sofía Jack and the sound interventions by Joaquín Millán.
Council of Universities, Equality, Culture and Sports.
City Council Hermandad Campoo de Suso.
Spanish National Library.
Enjoy the Cultural Summer 2021 of Castillo de Garcimuñoz with a program full of events that will take place in a unique environment:
- July 17, 22:00: Miguel Montana. Song of author.
- July 24, 22:00: Her Itage. Music made by women.
- July 31, 22:00: Paco Calonge. Humorist.
- August 6, 18:30.: Santiago David / Michel Muñoz. Guided visit to the fountains, exhibition of water uses and conference on the fountains.
- August 7, 22:00: Lolita Torres. Ventriloquist.
- August 21, 22:00: Mungo Park. Folk and Celtic music.
All tickets are priced at € 10, except for the activity on August 6, which will be free. When purchasing tickets online, select the specific date for the corresponding event of interest that will take place on that day.
Preventive measures against Covid-19 will be taken into account, so capacity is limited. Attendance is requested in advance to promote a correct and safe development of the Cultural Summer 2021.
Enjoy the celebration of the Fourth Anniversary of the opening of the Láchar Castle in a weekend full of emotions and with a unique setting:
Friday 30th of July 30, 2021
- 19:30: Guided tour to the Castle of Láchar.
- 21:00: Performance of the Magician Migue, two-time world champion of card tricks.
Saturday 31st of July, 2021
- 20:00: Guided tour to the Castle of Láchar.
- 21:00: Guided tour to Nasrid Tower.
- 22:00 Concert of Ángela Muro and Filin Jazz.
Sunday 1st of August, 2021
- 11:00: Guided tour to the Castle of Láchar.
- 21:00: Falconry show.
Tickets are purchased by days and the price includes all activities that take place on that date. It is recommended to consult the programming described for the selection of tickets online.
Preventive measures against Covid-19 will be taken into account.
August 2021 Nights
Enjoy our Horror Nights, a classic summer tourist activity at the Castle of Belmonte. This is held every year in August.
During 45 minutes, the visitors distributed in groups of 14 people, will go through the different areas of the castle where they will have unpleasant encounters and terrifying experiences. The public will be one more character in the story and they will have to follow the instructions that are given to them by the different characters during the tour, although it will be good not to trust any of them ...
Thanks to over 20 actors in the Post Mortem group and the scary ambiance with themes that change every year, most visitors want to do it again and spend a "horrifying" night with us, enjoying and getting spooked each year as if it were the first time.
* VISIT RULES:
- The entrance to the passage will be made by time bands marked on the purchase ticket. During this hour the public will pass in small groups of 14 people every 7 minutes. You must be at the door 15 minutes before the time of your pass where the groups will be organized.
- THE USE OF A MASK IS REQUIRED
- This maze WILL BEGIN FROM “THE LIZA” of the Castle. Entrance through Calle Santa Ana (The main door of the Castle will remain CLOSED).
- The hours are indicative but the organization reserves the right to make small variations.
- The tour is in low light - Do not forget to wear comfortable footwear, areas of difficult access.
- Not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart problems or children under 12 years old.
- It is not allowed to enter into the tour with any drinks.
- Forbidden to touch the actors.
- Respect at all times the rules indicated for the staff of the show. The organization reserves the right to expel from the Castle anyone who does not comply with the established rules.
- Non-refundable ticket
- CARFUL! - Remember that if you want to go at the early morning pass (00: 45h) you must select the corresponding date, meaning, the day after the night you want to go.
During September 25 and 26, our famous National Medieval Combat Tournament will be held on the esplanade located at the foot of the Castle. The visitor will be able to enjoy not only a competition as it was lived in the Middle Ages, but also, thanks to the professionalism of the participants and the detailed setting of the Castle, they will be transported to this period of our history.
The “Medieval Combat” is a contact sport with a strong historical aspect based on the medieval tournaments of the Europe of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. It was born in Europe just over twenty years ago and is now spreading across the rest of the world rapidly. It consists of fights between two sides, either duels or melés but always under an official regulation that regulates both the equipment that must be used and the techniques that are allowed, there is a very strict disciplinary code to safeguard the safety of the participants.
Once again we will be able to enjoy this impressive sport in an incomparable setting. The combat modalities will be: Duels in its 4 modalities (Sword and Shield; Sword and Buckler; Hand and a Half and Pole Weapons); impressive melés of 5 against 5 and 12 against 12. Likewise, we will be able to enjoy duels of our national fighters and a great "friendly" group battle.
The Tournament will last all Saturday and Sunday morning. COMBATS schedule: Saturday 10:30 am to 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm and Sunday from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. The access doors to the walled enclosure will open at 10:00 in the morning.
The public who wishes, can also enjoy the fighting, the visit to the Castle, the great craft market, the castle's falconry, eat at the Taberna de la Liza or in other facilities set up for this day, and other activities that take place. they will be announcing.
A varied offer between sports and quality entertainment, it is not about choreographed fights or shows, but about a competition of the highest level where each and every one of the fighters is giving their best to achieve victory.
- All Day
Live the experiences around the castles and palaces network of Spain. From dramatized and theatrical visits, to gastronomic experiences. Everything full of details, regarding to bring to you an unforgottable experience.
Find the experience that best fits you and buy the tickets now.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get discounts, offers and news from Spain Heritage Network and start the adventure.